lundi 24 mai 2010

Oh dear

Just got back from the market, where a busker had set up a microphone and an amp with a backup tape. He reminded me of a young teenager I once saw busking on the subway in NYC--his exquisite, well-trained voice floated through the subway car with, "When I fall in love, it will be forever. . ." and I reached for my wallet, but then zipped my purse right back up again when he continued with, "When I never fall in love. . . la-la laaaa la-la, la-la-la. . ." Dude. If you're going to sing in public, learn the words.

This guy was singing something in French as I arrived and started picking up zucchini and carrots, and I was really impressed with his honey-smooth baritone. And then his backup tape changed songs and he began a rousing rendition of "You've Got a Friend on Me." Oh dear. Oh, dear.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire